אנגלית – הוראת אנגלית בעידן הדיגיטלי
Teaching English as a Foreign Language in the Digital Age
Head of the Program: Professor Elite Olshtain
Head of Department: Dr. Frances Sokel
The English M.Ed. program provides English teachers with the opportunity and guidance for improving their professional profile.
Study and research focus on three areas of crucial importance in the English classroom: the English language, literacy, and technology in the service of language education.
Graduates of the M.Ed. program act as leaders within their schools and in the wider sphere of education.
The English M.Ed. program aims to promote excellence and empower teachers to better their professional profile by deepening content and pedagogical knowledge through study and research in three areas of crucial importance in the English classroom:
- The English language, its grammar, use, and acquisition by non-native speakers of English
- The development of literacy, pupils‘ diverse needs and ways to address these needs in the classroom
- Opportunities for recruiting and using advanced technology in the service of language education
Graduates will be able to address students’ needs and the changing needs of society in a digital age as leaders in their schools and in the wider sphere of education.
The English M.Ed. is a two-year program comprised of face-to-face meetings, hybrid courses with online assignments online courses, and a final practical research project carried out under the guidance and supervision of an advisor. Required: 23 annual credit hours.
- Classes are scheduled on Wednesdays between 8:30 and 17:20.
- Requirements include two seminar papers, written within the framework of specific
- The final project is the full description of a study entailing data collection and a practical product which can be implemented in the teaching of English.
|Professor Elite Olshtain – Head of the M.Ed Program|
|Dr. Frances Sokel- Head of the English Department|
|Dr. James Baker|
|Dr. Liat Ben Horine|
|Dr. Emmy Zitter|
|Dr. Zehava Bigman|
|Dr. Anat Gilboa|
|Dr. Stephanie Glick|
|Dr. Dina Orenstein|
|Dr. Marsha Bensoussan|
- B.A. + Teaching Certificate
- Average grade of 80 in the above
Supplementary courses may be required.
If you are interested in a second degree in English, please call us for more information and/or to make an appointment and take our M.Ed. Entrance Exam.
You will be asked to fill out a Registration Form and send or bring it with the following items:
- Diploma(s) and college transcripts
- Teaching certificate
- Evidence of teaching experience
- A passport photo
- Registration fee
For more information and/or to make an appointment, please contact:
Dr. Eran Levison, Dean of Continuing Education
Dr. Fran Sokel, Head of the English Department
Registration fee: 400 NIS
Annual Tuition Fees: 14,400 shekels.
Scholarships from the college may be available to students studying on the M.Ed. English program.
In addition, teachers employed by the Ministry of Education or Municipality may be eligible for reimbursement.